I finally found the old FLD Press Release

More
30 Mar 2015 03:39 #1497 by Michael
I found this in my documents folder tonight. I wrote this a few years back soon after we teamed up with Ben and Matt Leggett on Team FreeLanceDrinker.

Team Freelance Drinker is proud to announce two additions to the roster. Effective immediately Team FLD has purchased the driving rights to Dann and Michael Murillo. Team Racing Unlimited will be closing their doors as of this morning. The details of that situation are sketchy at best.
Below are details from the press conference held this morning at Michigan Speedway. In attendance were esteemed members of the press, Ben Leggett, Matt Leggett and new arrival Dann Murillo.

Q: Robin Miller asks …. “Where is Michael?”
A: Matt Leggett responds…. “Michael is currently deep in the planning of his weekend smoke. He requested to be excused from today’s press conference. Dude takes his bbq pretty seriously, didn’t want to cross that line. “
Q: Robin Miller persists … “Is he here? This is race weekend right?”
A: Matt Leggett continues…. “I can see the smoke from his pit over there, but I wouldn’t mess with him if I were you.”

Q: Derek Daly asks …. “Given the complexity of running a successful and healthy four car team how do you plan to keep all of the drivers happy?”
A: Ben Leggett responds …. “They know who signs the checks. And hey, if that fat pig Ganassi can do it, then I can do it better.”

Q: Bob Varsha asks …. “Is it true that the Murillos looked into Formula One options prior to you acquiring their rights?”
A: Matt Leggett responds …. “Pretty sure Michael cannot fit into that car so I will say no.”
A: Dann Murillo responds …. “It has always been his dream to drive for Ferrari, but Mike doesn’t have time due to his strict BBQ Schedule. I am sure you understand.”

Q: Jon Beekhuis asks …. “Will the sponsorship carry over or will the Murillos be driving with new livery?”
A: Ben responds …. “God may have made the world in six days, but it takes me a few more to paint a car.”

Q: Eddie Cheever asks …. “Matt would you say that you condone drinking and driving since you are known to drink during every SCART event? Do you feel this is a reason why you are not at the pace of your brother Ben?”
A: Ben responds …. “As Team Manager I will answer this question.”
A Matt responds …. “Oh I have something to say…” Ben interjects, (the brothers are arguing)
A: Matt responds …. “We got a problem here? We gotta take this press conference outside old man? LET’S GET IT ON!”

(Order is restored)(Matt Leggett drags Cheever outside.)

Ben says …. “Do we have any intelligent questions before my brother returns from the parking lot?”

Q: Paul Page asks …. “Dann, any plans to move to Hawaii?”
A: Dann responds …. “No, I am not sure that I want to do that. Iowa has much nicer weather.”
A: Ben responds …. “What?”

Q: Parker Johnstone asks …. “Ben, what did you see in these two that made you want to add them to your team?”
A: Ben responds …. “They have shown speed, patience, and other characteristics needed to be contend for wins and championships. Their record speaks for itself. They are two quality individuals who we feel will represent Team FLD well. ”

Q: Ori Atana asks …. “What is the first plan of action for your newly organized team?”
A: Dann responds …. “Matt told us to “bring that beat back!””

The press conference concluded with Team FLD inviting everyone over to Mike’s location in the parking lot for a full bbq buffet. All were invited with the exception of Eddie Cheever who was transported to the local hospital with multiple fractures, contusions and abrasions.

Following the press conference buffet several past Champions were asked their opinion of the team merger. Mario Andretti commented, “Dann seems to be a top notch contender, but that Michael knows his way around a road course. I look for them both to win very soon.” Alex Zanardi was quoted saying, “There is some damn good bbq over there! Sure you can have a pulled pork sandwich, but I recommend the brisket alfredo! The crazy bastard put bbq in my pasta!” Even drivers not in attendance from across the pond chimed in on the news. Michael Schumacher said, “If Michael can help me get around a few road courses faster, I can get him into a Mercedes or a Ferrari.” So who knows what the future may hold, but what we do know is Team FLD is fielding cars and gunning for a lot of victories!

Team Principal Andretti Autosport

"NOTHING BUT THE BEAT"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2015 11:27 #1499 by Side Door
"Q: Jon Beekhuis asks …. “Will the sponsorship carry over or will the Murillos be driving with new livery?”
A: Ben responds …. “God may have made the world in six days, but it takes me a few more to paint a car.”

Ahahahhahahha, i am in tears

More
11 Jan 2016 22:15 #2567 by Leggett
LOL! That's classic and still funny!

Ben "Logitek"

Meh

Bring That Beat Back

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds

JSN Nuru template designed by JoomlaShine.com