Vettel to leave Red Bull for Ferrari in 2015, Kyvat to Red Bull, Alonso eyeing McLaren

More
04 Oct 2014 01:25 - 04 Oct 2014 01:30 #360 by Michael

Team Principal Andretti Autosport

"NOTHING BUT THE BEAT"
Last edit: 04 Oct 2014 01:30 by Michael.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2014 01:27 #361 by Michael
or even worse Seb may have just become my new boy!

:unsure:

"NOTHING BUT THE BEAT"

More
04 Oct 2014 02:00 - 04 Oct 2014 02:00 #362 by Dann
Vettel to Ferrari

F1® Racing on NBC ‏@F1onNBCSports
Christian Horner has confirmed that Sebastian Vettel will be racing for Ferrari in 2015 motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/03/sebastian-vettel-leaving-red-bull-at-end-of-season-daniil-kvyat-to-replace-him/ … #F1onNBC

"Winners forget they're in a race, they just love to run"
Last edit: 04 Oct 2014 02:00 by Dann.

More
04 Oct 2014 02:14 #363 by Dann
Alonso to McLaren-Honda in 2015

www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29487911

• Andrew-Adair
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Oct 2014 04:21 #364 by Andrew-Adair
Well, only Red Bull with Kvyat and Ricciardo is confirmed. Where Vettel is goes, is unknown, but he shakes everything up.

More
04 Oct 2014 04:30 #365 by Dann
Here is Mike with his new "Seb" hat LOL

More
04 Oct 2014 17:01 #368 by Side Door
Red bull maybe should have snatched alonso, he is clearly fast, and he could potentially bring in another championship. I'd like to see him in there, although it is better for Daniel that he gets a youth driver beside him, instead of alonso. Now daniel will be the elder driver in the team. They can't go wrong with a young lineup either.
Nice to see Vettel leave, and they hopefully don't spoil Dani like they have vettel.

I dont think its smart for McLaren to dicth one of their drivers in order to get Alonso, cos button is quite good, and a good test driver, and Magnussen is proving to be capable, as a rookie driver, and more importantly, a future prospect.

Also, if Vettel comes into ferrari, i fear that Kimi might lose #1 name to him, even though he is the older, more experienced driver. Both in f1 and Ferrari, considering his 2007-09 run there.

I likely see McLaren ditching Magnussen to get Alonso, since Button isn't too keen on retiring or swiching teams yet. Which is a shame, they should focus more on youth drivers, instead of taking older guys. Especially considering Mclarens history with Alonso.

• Andrew-Adair
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Oct 2014 17:33 #369 by Andrew-Adair
Since they have a working Training Programm, where Vettel, Ricciardo, Kvyat, Vergne, Verstappen, Buemi and Algesuari all come from, it would be illogical not using drivers from Toro Rosso. Adiitionally, Red Bull Racing is the primary team, so that is more important to Red Bull. It will never happen again, that drivers not from that programm go into Red Bull Racing. Why should they, if the Training Program produces more than enough good drivers?
Dissapointing to other drivers, but that is Red Bulls policy.
The reason why David Coulthard and Mark Webber raced is to build up the Team. Klien and Doornbos were not good enough.

Still, lets see whether or not the Schumacher story repeats itself.

More
04 Oct 2014 19:19 #372 by Michael
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

www.motorsport.com/f1/video/main-gallery/felipe-crashes-alonso-s-interview-going-to-marussia-caterham

Felipe spills the beans -- Alonso to Marussia or Caterham!

"NOTHING BUT THE BEAT"

More
04 Oct 2014 19:23 #373 by Side Door

More
04 Oct 2014 19:48 #374 by Dann

Side Door wrote: Nah, thats just banter.

More
04 Oct 2014 20:40 #375 by Side Door

More
05 Oct 2014 17:35 #379 by mo goris
I think is a good move for Vettel, I personally dont like the guy but good move for him.

also i think for kvyat will be a career defining move, if he gets destroyed by Ricciardo, his career will be over. huge pressure for the kid early on his career.

Alonso going to mclaren, seems odd to me after what he went trhu with Dennis back when he was there, a head scratcher for me, perhaps he is staying at ferrari to partner Vettel and Kimi will get the boot.

if he goes to mclaren and Button is out, I think Button should join Toro Rosso ASAP, i think he will do very well there...

More
05 Oct 2014 18:16 #381 by Side Door
Vettel and any other dominant driver (Alonso/Kimi/Hamilton/Rosberg) can't work. He will demand #1 spot in the team, and will have nothing else. While he could possibly force Rosberg to submit to him, Alonso, Kimi and Hamilton definitely would resist, and hard. Hamilton would eventually back down though.

Button can't join Toro Rosso, because they take youth drivers from red bull's program. I'd assume Button has the more secure spot at Mclaren because as i said, he is a great car development driver, quite smooth, and collected, kinda like quick nick.

Kvyat definitely won't need to beat daniel, he just needs to meet his set goal, which there will be, set by the team at the start of the season. If he fails to do that and doesnt prove himself within 2-3 seasons, then his career will be over. Daniel will now get the clear #1 spot in the team hopefully, and will be able to contend for some bg points.

More
05 Oct 2014 18:46 #384 by Michael
I realize that people have contracts, but I would still think that any team would boot out anyone to get Alonso. My big wonder is Williams. They have to know that if they were to get Fernando they would then see the maximum of their car. To me Bottas is good at times, and Massa is good at times, but that car has been good nearly the whole time. They have to feel their performance is not being maximized.

And even though Frank Williams may not have said he wants FA on his team, you know he has thought about it a time or two...

"NOTHING BUT THE BEAT"

More
05 Oct 2014 18:47 #385 by Michael
Or... Vettel may have just sent Alonso into a downward spiral that may land him at Sauber!

"NOTHING BUT THE BEAT"

Time to create page: 0.816 seconds

JSN Nuru template designed by JoomlaShine.com